- COVID-19, PREVIOUSLY CALLED THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS, IS A RESPIRATORY ILLNESS THAT IS PART OF A FAMILY OF VIRUSES THAT INCLUDES THE COMMON COLD, THE SEVERE ACUTE RESPIRATORY SYNDROME (SARS) AND THE MIDDLE EAST RESPIRATORY SYNDROME (MERS).
- Cover your nose and mouth with disposable tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Discard the tissue immediately. Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow if you do not have a tissue.
- Avoid close contact with people who have flu-like symptoms.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- If you develop fever, cough or difficulty breathing after coming from a country with the COVID-19, please seek medical attention at the nearest health institution