Pregnant women who have been advised to self-isolate should stay indoors and avoid contact with others for fourteen (14) days.
People who are advised to self-isolate should maintain proper hand-washing hygiene, wash with soap and water for 20 seconds regularly.
For women who are advised to self-isolate, the guidance currently recommends to:
- Not go to school, work or public areas.
- Not use public transport.
- Stay at home and not allow visitors.
- Ventilate the rooms where they are, by opening a window.
- Separate themselves from other members of their household as far as possible (e.g. sleep in separate rooms), using their own towels, utensils (e.g. plates, spoons, forks and cups) and eating at different times.
- Clean and disinfect daily, surface that may be touched by the patient.
- Use friends, family or delivery services to run errands, but advise them to leave items outside.
Dates for routine appointments would be given by Maternity staff via telephone.
Pregnant women are advised NOT to attend maternity triage units or A&E unless in need of URGENT obstetric or medical care. If women within the North West region are concerned and require urgent medical advice, they are encouraged to call the Maternity Emergency Hotline Number: 1-868-704-9155 @ the Port of Spain General Hospital, Maternity Department. If the attendance at the maternity unit or hospital is advised, pregnant women are requested to travel via private transport (i.e., No use of Public Transportation) and alert the maternity triage reception once on the premises prior to entering the hospital.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Port of Spain General HospitalPublished in