The NWRHA has embarked on a series of preventative health interventions which are community-based and approach health in a holistic manner through empowering individuals to improve their health. This includes our Care Fairs which offer free health screening services and a suite of health services aimed towards the early detection and prevention of Communicable and Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases. This includes:
- Providing free public screening for diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, body mass index, same day HIV-voluntary counselling and testing, vision screening and cancer screening.
- Creating awareness about lifestyle choices which will assist with disease prevention in a non-traditional setting.
- Disseminating health information via brochures, lectures and one-on-one interviews.
- Collecting and collating data to provide evidence-based information for decision and policy-making.
The NWRHA invites you to take charge of your health and get hooked on health. Join us from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm this Saturday 7th September, 2019 at the Nur-E-Islam Mosque, El Socorro Main Road, El Socorro.
We will be offering FREE testing and education INCLUDING:
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Sugar
- Blood Cholesterol
- Weight & Diet
- Prostate Cancer/PSA
- Cervical Cancer/Pap Smear
- See the Doctor
- Eye Testing
- Mental Health Activities
JOIN US TO BE HEALTHY & HAPPY!